Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Splitcoast Challenges!



I needed some inspiration, and when I can't come up with anything on my own, I try a Splitcoast Sketch Challenge. I did two today:SC153 and SC 155. I used the same color combos for both (sort of) I wanted to use some Groovy Guava. For SC153 I pulled out some Groovy Guava designer series paper. I used the big flower from the Time Well Spent stamp set. I didn't color it all in, just part of it. I wasn't really happy with this at first until I added the happy birthday at the bottom. I kind of like it now.




For the SC155 I also used Groovy Guava. I am not sure what the green is, but its not Wild Wasabi (the ribbon is, however). I also used my Time Well Spent stamp set on
this one and, of course, the Scallop Circle Punch. One of these days I need to upload more pictures to my splitcoast gallery. I'm so excited, today I got my Creative Memories cutting system in the mail! I have tried and tried to find something that works and everyone always says creative memories is the best. I did use it a little this afternoon and will post pictures another time. ( I did not use it for these cards, though). I am just so happy to finally have something to cut circles and other shapes! I got the circles, ovals, gems and wavy, they will really come in handy when I am scrapbooking, if I ever get a chance to scrapbook!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

great job on those challenges! Love the bottom one especially. Happy New Year

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuu! Love the pink and green & your great use of repetition. Isn't this set wonderful? :0) Mel