Thursday, January 3, 2008

So Stinkin' Cute!


For Christmas this year a friend of mine and I decided we would buy the other a stamp set from Stampin' Up's retired list. I gave her two choices of which sets I wanted and the stinker bought me both! What a great friend! She gave them to me today and I new right away what I wanted to do with one, its the Stinkin' Cute set and I have to say the name says it all! I just love this card! I took another opportunity to play with my new cutting system! I started with a small white oval, just big enough for one of the images, then did a little bigger of a black oval and a little bigger white oval. The black paper is slightly textured, but it didn't change anything. I used Basic Black for the skunk image and White Craft Ink for the perfume bottles and the Stinkin' Cute saying on the base of the card. The ribbon is from a frame from the $1.00 spot at target that I altered. I am so glad I saved it! To my blogging sisters: I wanted so badly to use this card for our secret sister swap, but I couldn't stand it, I had to share it with you all now! Isn't it just so Stinkin' Cute?!?! I normally don't do black and white cards, but this fits! I would like to use this for a child's birthday card, but I don't know if I can handle it with the black! Maybe I could do pink and then do a pink skunk? By the way, the other set my friend got is the Frosty set. I thing I will save that for July and start on my Christmas cards then (yeah right!). I just can't bring myself to do another Christmas card right now.

11 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Yes! This is stinkin' cute! I love it! I think pink would be cute, but you could still stamp the skunk in black! Pink / black / white look great together! I love this!

Bonnie said...

What a cutie-patootie! I love it!

Becky G said...

This is so stinkin cute! I love this set! What a nice GF you have! Love the ovals too!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is too cute, what a great friend.

Maria said...

It sure is stinkin' cute. I love this stamp! Your card came out fabulous!

Maria

My Paper World said...

Adorable! I love black and white it's a great combo!

Unknown said...

Happy New year, that set is just sooooo sweet

Alex xx

KAT Paper Crafts said...

HI!! Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

-Karyn

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Oh I love it, it IS "stinking cute" LOL! :-D

jenn* said...

how 'stinkin cute' is that?! gret job w/ your cutting system! i love the black & white!

SBS2 sis,
jenn*

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

TOO sweet. Love this set & it looks perfect how you've done it in black & white! I think any kid would be just delighted with it as a birthday card, :0) Mel