Monday, January 7, 2008

Recipe Swap


I joined a Recipe Swap on Splitcoast Stampers. The swap was for a 6x6 recipe card with a South Beach Diet recipe. It was just about the time when I was re-committing to South Beach, so I decided to sum up. So this is what I came up with:

The red is 12x12 textured paper that I bought at Michael's and cut into (4) 6x6 squares. The black is also textured paper. I printed the recipe on white card stock. The "chop sticks" are just a toothpick cut in half. I adhered them using SU Crystal Effects. I found an Asian foam stamp set at Joann's and used that for the back ground and the one image on the recipe. I am really pleased with how this turned out. I have until February to turn this in, but I was inspired over the weekend and got them done. Now I just have to mail them. It was downright spring like today in central Indiana. I believe it was in the upper 60s! So nice!

3 comments:

jenn* said...

cute card and tasty looking recipe! love those 'mini chopsticks'!

Maria said...

Hi Crissy,

I'm originally from Hawaii! You'll love Hawaii. . .it's a beautiful place! When are you planning to vacation there? We'll be there sometime in July to attend my cousin's graduation party!

Love your Hawaiian card! It's pretty!

Your SBS2 sis,
Maria

Michelle Pearson said...

I'm going to try your recipe.....cut page by the way....and clever use of toothpicks!!