Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Heart Day!

I was playing around with my new stamp set and decided to
come up with a valentine for the kids in my daughter's day care. I took a scrap piece of red cardstock (non-SU) and cut it about 3.5 x 4, then a smaller pink piece and yet a smaller white piece. Then I stamped the mouse and colored him in with my water color pencils and blended with a blender pen. I put the ribbon at the top of the white piece (I found this red sheer ribbon at Flower Factory for $0.65 and bought a few!). Then put it all together. Originally, I didn't think about the "To From" part, but as I was putting it together I cut a little more off the pink and white so I could leave more room on the red and stamp the "To From". I really like how it turned out. It was very easy to make and I think I only have to do 25. I decided to play with my CM cutting system and made a little heart valentine too. I think I like this one better. I colored it in with markers. I did leave the "To From" off, wasn't sure where to put it. I figure I could put the "To" in one corner and the "From" in another.
I'll have to play with it a little more. Once I figured out how to use the CM cutting system, I really like it, I will use it a lot!!! At first I didn't think I would like this stamp set, but I am really glad I purchased it!

6 comments:

Lori said...

These are adorable! They'll be perfect for the kids at your daughter's day care. I've been enjoying this set a lot, too.

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Crissy! Hope you are doing well! These came out really cute! I am waiting anxiously for this set to arrive in my mailbox! You did a really great job with these! Happy New Year! : )

Tina said...

Oh, they are so lovely!

Becky G said...

These are both terrific! I love this new set from SU. It's perfect for kids valentines!

Your SBS2 sistah,
Becky

Anonymous said...

I don't have this set. So cute! I might want to get it :D

Bee's Zen Garden said...

I haven't gotten the new SU catalog yet, but browsed it online and the only set that really caught my eyes was this valentine set! the little mouse and elephant are super cute and the little tag is adorable.
I really love the heart shape card, I think it gets more oompf than rectangle> :-)