Saturday, January 5, 2008

So proud!

I needed a card for my brother-in-law who graduates from basic training in a couple weeks and this is what I came up with. I wanted to use the green colors to tie in with the army. It is Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss and River Rock. I stamped the stars using Always Artichoke on the Mellow Moss and River Rock. The flag is stamped on white and I used SU markers to color in the flag. I distressed the edges of the white piece. And the God Bless America is stamped using white craft paint. I wanted to put So Proud on the outside, but I didn't have enough room. I may do another one so I can do that and save this one for Veteran's Day. I used my new cutting system for the small squares. This was a very easy card to make. On another note, I went to Joann's today and bought some ribbon for next year! It was all 70% off and I found some cute stuff. I also bought some Christmas Tins (not to alter, but to fill with candy!) And I went to Target and they have some valentine stuff in the $1 spot. I bought some ribbon and brads that I can't wait to use!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your brother-in-law will LOVE this card.....it is so patriotic!! I think I better run to Target and look in that $1 bin!!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Great card, love it. It's original and very much in the theme. It almost looks like those tags they were on a chain with their ID (don't know how it's called).

I DO love my Target $1 spot!! ;-)