Monday, January 14, 2008

Masculine Birthday

I needed a masculine birthday card and remembered
I hadn't used this sketch in a while. I am sure it was a sketch challenge at Splitcoast, I just don't remember which one. I really like it because it's different and very easy to do. You could use it with any size card and the layered panel could be any shape! I decided to round the four corners of the base for something a little different. All the stamps are from the SU Eat Cake set, except the Happy Birthday, that is from It's Your Birthday set. The base of the card is Ballet Blue and I stamped using White Craft Ink. The 1st layer is Brilliant Blue and the 2nd layer is White. I colored the base of the cake with Close to Cocoa, then Brilliant Blue, Ballet Blue and the candles are Brilliant Blue and So Saffron.

6 comments:

kathleenh said...

Great masculine card!

Crystal Ware said...

Great B-day card. I like this card sketch too. You did a great job. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time with masculine cards! This looks so nice. A guy would really love it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Becky G said...

Great masculine card! I have a hard time with masculine cards! Maybe it's because I don't own very many masculine stamps.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I struggle with masculine cards . . . this is great!