Sunday, September 16, 2007

Watercolor




The inspiration for this card was from a sketch challenge at SCS and I'm sorry, I can't find the number of the challenge! I will keep looking and edit this post when I find it. Although I don't know if I strayed too much from the challenge. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.


Supplies (Stampin' Up products unless noted): Cardstock: Blue Bayou, River Rock, Watercolor; Ink: Staz On Black, Watercolor (Rich Regals), Tea Dye Distressing Ink; Brads (non-Stampin' Up); Corner round punch, scallop punch, 1 1/2 circle punch.

1. Cut a piece of 8.5x11 Blue Bayou cardstock in half for card base.
2. Cut River Rock paper to 4.5 x 3.5.
3. Round corners of River Rock paper.
4. Cut Watercolor paper to 3 3/4 x 3. (keep scraps!)
5. Round corners of watercolor paper.
6. Stamp image on watercolor paper using staz on ink and color as desired.
7. Using scallop circle punch, punch out scallop circle in Blue Bayou.
8. Using 1 1/2 circle punch, punch out circle in watercolor paper (I stamped image first, then punched.)
9. Distress both watercolor sheets.
10. Place large watercolor on River Rock sheet, place on Blue Bayou base.
11. Place watercolor circle on scallop circle, place on top of large watercolor.
12. Punch small holes for brads in left hand corner.

This was a fun card to make, hope you enjoy it.


No comments: