Sunday, September 16, 2007

Reasons for making a card...


When you sit down to make a card, you usually have a purpose, right? You need a birthday card for a co-worker, a thank you card for a friend, a missing you card for a far away relative...today my purpose was using up some ribbon! I pulled out two colors that go together and matched the card, to match my ribbon. I specifically chose bright colors because that's what kind of mood I was in! I'm going to try to start posting instructions with my cards in case anyone is
interested so here is what I did for this one:
Supplies (Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted): Card stock: Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise and non-Stampin' Up white; Ink: Tempting Turquoise; Stamp Set: Lexicon of Love
Ribbon: Turquoise and Maize; Brads: Non-Stampin' Up Turquoise; Ticket Corner Punch, hole punch for brads and paper piercing tools.
1. Take one sheet of Tempting Turquoise cardstock and cut in half for card base.
2. Cut a piece of Yoyo Yellow to 2.5 x 2.5
3. Punch all corners of Yoyo Yellow with ticket corner punch.
4. Cut white cardstock to 2 1/4 x 2 1/4.
5. Stamp on white cardstock using Tempting Turquoise and stamp of your choice.
6. Punch a small hole in each corner of white card stock for brads.
7. Using matpack pierce paper as desired.
8. Tie ribbon around card.
9. Place your piece of yoyo yellow so it looks like a diamond.
10. Place your white piece of cardstock in the middle of the diamond, I used Stampin' dimensionals in each corner to give it a 3d look.
This was my first attempt at instructions, please let me know what you think?

No comments: