Friday, September 7, 2007

Tent Topper


Good Morning! TGIF! Well I've had some "stampers block" this week and would find myself just sitting at my table cutting paper and stamping, but nothing was coming together, so I decided to try my first SCS Sketch Challenge!!!! I knew it would give me a starting point. For those of you who don't know what a sketch challenge is, let me tell you! A sketch challenge is basically a "challenge" to make a card using the sketch that is provided (pretty simple, right?). You can do whatever colors, stamps, embellishments, etc. you want, just use the sketch guidelines. The other cool thing about the sketch challenges is that there is no time limit! The first one I chose was from a couple of weeks ago. I decided on SC134 that was designed by Michelle Wooderson, it is a tent topper card. I had never done one of these before, so I was excited to try! It took me a while to come up with a color scheme and decide on what my topper would be, but once I finished it, I was happy! I used the new In Colors (again!).
Here's my recipe:
Paper: Sky Blue, Purely Pomegranate and White
Ink: Sky Blue, Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi
Ribbon: Wild Wasabi
Embellishments: Buckle
Technique: Tent Topper and Distressing
What do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look! Hope you enjoyed.
P.S. I wanted to be sure to give credit to the sketch designer, but I wasn't sure of the best way, please let me know if anyone knows of anything else I should have done!!!

No comments: