Monday, September 10, 2007

Pocket Card


If your looking for something easy to do, but not a traditional card, the pocket card is the way to go. The possibilities are endless! I decided to join a Pocket Card Swap on SCS, because I really like them and I thought it would be a piece of cake, but I really had a hard time coming up with an idea. My hardest part, I think, was the color combinations. Since I really like the In Colors this year, I thought I would do something with them! So this is what I came up with. I used the Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi paper and ink. I decided this would be a good Thank You card for Christmas gifts.
I thought I would try a new technique today (new to me) so I printed out the instructions for the Surprise Pocket Card. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get it! I scored in the wrong places and it just ended up ugly (I didn't get too far). I gave that up pretty quickly. I will try that another day when I have time to sit and concentrate. My problem is when I have to find 3/8 or something like that...I have to really think about it and sometimes when I'm doing this, I don't want to think! I want to be creative, not a mathematician! I will say that I am the one with the problem, not the directions...ha ha! I'd really like some feedback on this card...does it need something? Too much Pomegranate? Distressing too much? Just right!! Thanks for looking!

No comments: