Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merry Candymas!

Saturday morning I got up at 6:00 a.m. and went grocery shopping. I came home with all the ingredients needed to make some candy.

So this is my BEFORE picture:



Then my husband and I got to work. Luckily my mom was watching DD, so we had the house to ourselves! My husband was in charge of the chocolate for covering the candies and pretzels. He plugged in the fondue pot and got to work!







Here is a list of the candies we made:

Turtles
Chocolate covered pretzels
Buckeyes
Oreo Truffles
Peppermint Bark
Mocha Truffles
Peanut Brittle

Here is the AFTER picture taken at about 7:30 p.m., we worked very hard all day long, but it is worth it. This will fill up tins for about 20-25 of our coworkers and friends.




This is ALOT of candy! Of course we taste tested it and it is all very yummy! I still have to make some Chocolate Chip Cookies...I give a big box to my boss every year because he really likes them. I've been doing this for about 10 years I think. The first year I just made fudge and filled very small tins. Over the years the candies have gotten a little more extravagant. I don't make fudge anymore =)



Don't you feel like your getting a cavity just looking at this!


5 comments:

Lori said...

Everything looks so yummy!

Kathy said...

My mouth is drooling reading and looking at all your candy! Yum Yum!

Anonymous said...

That's incredible! And looks sooo yummy.

AnnMarie said...

Yummmmmm-oooo!!! Now Crissy! If you happen to find yourself with an extra tin on your hands just remember that I will be more than happy to take it off your hands for you! : ) Great job!! Everything looks fabulous!!

Pammybaby said...

Wow! Everything looks delicious! Next year can I come and "help" you? I could be a taster, ok?! ha!