Saturday, October 13, 2007

Halloween Treats!


I wanted to do something special for the kids at my daughter's daycare, so I decided to make the 2-4-7-10 box (tutorial here). I am really pleased with how these turned out, especially the kitty! I used the Haunting Halloween stamp set; Pumpkin Pie cardstock, ribbon and ink. I put some candy and little Halloween notepads inside, the second picture shows all that I included. (M&Ms, Teddy Grahams, Necco Wafers and the notepads) I think the kids will like them! I had to make 15 total, and I did it in stages. I scored and cut all the paper first, then I cut the black pieces and white pieces, stamped the kitty and colored it. Then I stamped the pumpkin pie pieces (for the box) and then assembled it. Today I put all the candy inside and tied the ribbon. It really wasn't all that complicated, just a little time consuming. I think the most time consuming part was scoring and cutting the box. I only had to waste 2 pieces of cardstock, because I would get into a rhythm and forget what I was doing and cut to far! I think I can probably still use some of the cardstock as scrap though! I can't wait until Halloween to give these to the kids! Next big project will be Thanksgiving! I just ordered my paper and stamp sets last week, so I should be able to work on those in the next few weeks! Yay!

No comments: