Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Challenge

One of my SBS2 sisters, Lori, posted a challenge on our Ning page. The challenge was to create something patriotic in honor of the election and Veteran's Day. I had some ideas in my head, but when my much anticipated Top Note Die for my Big Shot arrived today, those ideas flew out my head and this one popped in! (Once the voices stopped I was able to create this! Just kidding, or am I?) =-) I used Night of Navy for the base, Real Red for the Top Note and Whisper White for the next layer. I used the stars from the Bitty Backgrounds stamp set and colored the stars with Night of Navy marker and the dots with Real Red marker. I stamped the Thank You on Real Red cardstock using Whisper White craft ink. I punched it out using my 1" square punch and used some of my retired Hodpodge Hardware (finally). I punched 2 holes in the top for ribbon (Night of Navy and Real Red Grosgrain) and used my corner rounder on the edges. I have to say, after using it twice and only owning it for an hour, I love the Top Note Die!


I did one more too - same colors, just switched to landscape, used my oval punch and didn't add any ribbon.

















Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

AnnMarie said...

Awesome take on the challenge! Super nice job! Isn't that Top Note die too much fun?!