Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Stained Glass Technique



I wanted to try a new technique today, so I pulled out my latest Stampin' Success and found the stained glass technique. It was so easy and I really liked it. I did a birthday card and a Veteran's day card for my dad. First you stamp your image(s) onto vellum using staz on. After that drys, turn the vellum over and color the image using watercolor crayons or pencils and then use a blender pen to blend. Turn over and adhere the vellum to white paper and voila! It looks so nice in person, but this picture isn't too bad. I used the Vases in Vogue for this one, I didn't think I would like this set, but I really do! It's so cute! And now for the Veteran's Day card... I had a hard time getting this picture. I tried scanning it, but it didn't come out too well, so I took the picture. The technique aspect of the card doesn't really show up, but I think the colors and the image turned out good. I used the Land that I Love stamp set for this. I wanted to use the flag, but I don't think it would have been a good image for this particular technique. I did color in the stars as well. I think this is a very easy technique and it ads so much to the cards!

No comments: