Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Crafts!



As promised, I have pictures of the crafts I made yesterday! What we have here is the basket I personally weaved, a Mary and Joseph figurine, a Snowman and an Angel bracelet. The basket was, of course, the hardest and time consuming. It was fun, but I'm not sure if I really need to do that again. I am very impressed with how it turned out, because I really thought it would look bad. And it was bigger than I expected. It took about 2.5 hours to weave, but the lady that was teaching the class was very patient with everyone and very helpful too. The other three crafts were done in about 10 minutes, each, very simple, but fun. They had all the supplies ready. The Mary and Joseph is just two upside down hearts and various additions for the face and baby Jesus, I bought a few xtra kits of this one to make as gifts (because I need more to do!!). The Angel bracelet was a small kit. I also bought an xtra one of these, I am going to give one to each of my nieces for Christmas. The snowman is two small straw hats painted white, glued together with pom poms for eyes and buttons. Very cute. This can be used for a magnet, ornament or a pin! Here is another picture of the basket to give you an idea of the size:
Today I got up and made some pumpkin bread to give away on Thanksgiving. I made 10 mini loaves and my husband, daughter and I split one of them to taste test it, ohhh they are yummy! As soon as they cooled I wrapped them and put them in the freezer, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist. Here is where I got the recipe. I highly recommend this recipe. It was so easy to make and very good.

No comments: