Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Place Cards


So Tuesday, my boss asked me if I wanted to make some place cards for a party he is having for one of our clients (because I'm so crafty and all =-) and I said sure!! Who doesn't want an opportunity to do something they love for someone who signs their check (so they can buy more stuff!) and at the same time show off their work!!! I immediately knew that I wanted it to be classy and I was going to have to use my Season of Joy stamp set and the Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon! It didn't take me long to come up with this. I used Always Artichoke as the base and white as the name part. I stamped the swirly in Purely Pomegranate. I did print off the names and information (I had to put what each person's dinner selection so that the wait staff can look at the place cards and know what everyone had!), but I used pretty fonts. I used my favorite ticket corner punch (it's actually my only ticket corner punch, but I'm just weird with words). I had to do 20 and the first couple I spent a long, long time on the ribbon. I finally broke down last week and bought a double rectangle punch, but that satin ribbon is so thick when your doing this technique (where you put the ribbon down each hole and then pull through each end of the ribbon through the opposite hole) anyway after 20 minutes and I broken slot, I finally thought of an ingenious idea (that I am sure no one has ever thought of, yeah right!), but I took my single rectangle punch and punched over each hole to make it just a bit bigger. I know I am a genius. ..please there is no need to bow...(seriously, I know how obvious this should have been at the beginning to me, but I'm slow OK?!) That saved me soo much time! I finished all 20 in an hour and a half! And if I do say so myself, they are marvelous!

7 comments:

jenn* said...

*bowing & clapping at the same time*

marvelous! just marvelous!
they're gorgeous!

Michelle Pearson said...

They look awesome....love the ribbon choice and the swirly stamp. Very nice!

Lori said...

So pretty and elegant! That satin ribbon is beautiful. I'm sure your boss will love them.

saucygoat said...

They turned out really elegant. Nice job! I bet your boss adores them.

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful! I would have been sweating over this for weeks!! haha!!Fabulous ribbon!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Super classy. Love that colour combo & the lush ribbon! :0) Mel

Becky G said...

Gorgeous! So elegant!