Friday, August 31, 2007

Pocket Cards Are fun!




My newest favorite card to make is the pocket card. I always wanted to make one, but was a little intimidated. My SU demonstrator showed us how to make them at our last Card Club and I was so excited! It was so easy to make. I made this one for my other niece in Florida and I think it turned out kinda cute... the pocket says so missed, from the So Very set. I used versamark for the fish on the fold over. I thought it looked kinda empty there. I am not satisfied with my pictures, I really need to talk to my husband about helping me get quality pictures to post. This card is using the new in colors (Groovy Guava and Sky Blue), the main color is from Archivers, not sure what its called.






Here's another cool card using a new technique I learned at a scrapbooking class, distressing and embossing on velum! I used the French Script background stamp on Naturals Ivory paper and used distressing ink on the edges. I was so happy with the way this card turned out, so simple, yet, very classy, I think. This is probably my favorite card that I've made.


No comments: